You are welcome here, no matter what you look like or what you’re wearing.
We typically begin with an engaging time of worship that includes singing, reading Scripture, praying, and giving of our financial resources. We also open God’s Word together, usually teaching sequentially through books of the Bible. Services are a little more than an hour in length.
A safe place for children where God is the hero.
Children learn from The Gospel Project. This is an exciting, Christ-centered approach that takes children chronologically through the Bible. During these lessons, Christ is central and all stories lead back to Jesus and what He has done for us.
We offer nursery and children’s classes through fifth grade during the 10:30 am service. Our classroom workers have been thoroughly screened and trained in order to provide your child with a safe, healthy church experience.
Reaching Two Cities & the communities in between
We’re committed to the greater good of Green, Akron-Canton & beyond.
Once world leaders in the rubber and steel industries, our community knows success, transition, hard times and renewal. We are a resilient people. Amidst reinventing ourselves, Akron-Canton is searching for a new identity and new purpose. As a church for this community, we want to meet the needs of this community – spiritual and physical, individual and social. As people become committed followers of Jesus Christ, our families, schools, businesses, and cities will thrive.
Green is a lively suburb between Akron and Canton. We believe God placed us right off I-77 in order to be a blessing to Green, Akron-Canton and the surrounding communities.
Proclaiming the greatness of Jesus Christ
Make no mistake; this church is all about Jesus. Our world is broken. Our community is broken. Our own lives are broken. We will only find ultimate restoration in Jesus. He is our hope. He is our life. He is our everything.
We provide valuable resources through a strategic partnership with Belle Stone Elementary School and a steady church home for college students through several informal ties with Malone University. We invest in local communities through individual, marriage, and family counseling.
We would love to walk alongside you and together discover how Jesus’ life, death and resurrection transform our lives.
Our articles of faith bind us together
We are an Evangelical church centured on Jesus, focused on our community.
- The Bible
- The scriptures of the Old and New Testament as being verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.
- In one God eternally existing in one essence, yet co-equal persons, the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary.
- The Holy Spirit
- In the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He is the life of the believer and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel.
- Image of God
- That mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
- The Resurrection
- In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us.
- That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- In the existence of a personal devil, who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who do not receive Christ as their personal Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
- The Church
- In the Church, whose mission it is to preach the Scriptures to all the world, all of its endeavors being guided by multiple leadership and supported by the wise stewardship of God’s people.
- That the ordinances of the Church, given by the Lord, are Baptism and the Lord’s Table (Communion).
- Last Things
- We believe in the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Adam Romans joined the pastoral team in October 2008. He received his education from the Moody Bible Institute and is pursuing his M.Div. from Covenant Theological Seminary. Before joining the Parkside team he served as a youth and music pastor at another church. Adam preaches most Sunday mornings and oversees the ministry on the Green Campus. He and his wife, Christina, have three children: Lydia, Ben, and Julia. In Adam’s spare time he enjoys spending time with his family and long distance running.
Jonathan Holmes serves as the Pastor of Counseling at the Green and Bainbridge campuses as well as the Executive Director of Fieldstone Counseling. Jonathan graduated from The Master’s College with degrees in Biblical Counseling and History and holds an M.A. from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He is the author of The Company We Keep. He and his wife, Jennifer, have four daughters, Ava, Riley, Ruby, and Emma. Jonathan enjoys spending time with his family, reading and traveling.
Youth Pastor and Children’s Director
Shane Humphrey joined the Parkside staff in August 2016. He graduated from Malone University in Canton, Oh, and serves as the Children’s Ministry Coordinator at the Green Campus. Shane and his wife, Jillian, have 3 children: Simon, Anna and Maisie. Shane enjoys teaching, coaching basketball, wood working, and gathering with extended family and friends over a meal or cup of coffee.
We would love to hear from you
Stay in the Know
Get weekly email updates about church life, upcoming events and important news.